Wednesday, July 2, 2014

REVIEW: Play by Kylie Scott

Play (Stage Dive, #2)Play by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

We met Mal in the first Stage Dive novel (Lick). He befriended Ev in L.A. when things got out of hand with the lawyers the first time and took her to his beach house... anyway... I digress.

Mal's humor from "Lick" comes through even more in this book. But behind his humor is a man in pain. Pain he hides from everyone for as long as he can.

He's at David and Evelyn's place, out on their patio when Anne comes out and takes a call from a friend of hers. She has her own problems. Her roommate moved out without paying her the money she owes her as well as taking most of the furniture and now she's in a bind.

Mal hears her end of the conversation and after some banter, decides she's his girlfriend.

While she's at work the next day, he gets Lauren's help in him moving into Anne's place. States he's her roommate. When she gets home they make a deal. She's his fake girlfriend and he's her roommate.

These two are total opposites. But they click. This fake relationship becomes a friendship and much more for both of them.

I love that Anne never backed down with Mal. She is one strong-willed woman with responsibilities and learns to loosen up a little around him while getting him to open up with her.

I know I fell in love with Mal in "Lick", but in "Play", I became head over heels for him. I need another book focused on him and Anne or just him. I think there is still more story to tell with him, but alas... I'm not the author.

View all my reviews

Amazon Kindle Book Page

No comments:

Post a Comment