Tuesday, July 1, 2014

REVIEW: Lick by Kylie Scott

Lick (Stage Dive, #1)Lick by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yep, I read this in 2013 and did a quick re-read before Play came out so this review may not be all the best to judge from but hey... I loved this book regardless.

- Go to Vegas to celebrate 21st birthday with best friend - check
- Wake up with one helluva hangover - check
- With no memory of the events of the night before - check
- With one hunk of a man taking care of you - check
- minus his shirt - check
- but with your name tattoo'd on his bod - check
- and his name tattoo'd on your... ruh roh
- With a rock on your finger - with a wha?

That's right babe... Congratulations... You're married to a Rock Star!

Evelyn and her best friend go to Vegas to celebrate her 21st birthday. While out, she meets a guy and they spend the night talking, drinking, and getting tattoos. Next morning, she's sick with the worst hangover and no memory of the night before. This does not make the shirtless hunk happy.

David - Mr. Rock Star - is part of a band called Stage Dive. The girls love him, but Evelyn isn't like other girls.

Evelyn panics from the news that they're married and flies home but what happened in Vegas flew outta Vegas and spread like wildfire before Evelyn woke from her drunken escapades.

From the moment she steps off the plane to go home, it hits her that her life isn't private anymore. They make it home but when David gets word of what they had done was out, he sends his trusty Security guy to her rescue and has him bring Evelyn to him with the promise that they would work out the divorce/annulment over the course of the next few days.

Jealousy on both parts is evident from the moment Evelyn arrives at the house in L.A. to a party.

Only when his bandmate Mal takes Evelyn to his beach house to calm down does David chase after her and takes her to his house that he barely uses.

Why does he barely use it? It was supposed to be the dream house of his and his ex's.

By the way, his ex... her brother's in the band AND she works for said band.

But I digress.

David and Evelyn start to get to know each other while at the his house and overcome a few obstacles and decide to give their relationship a try until Evelyn catches David in what she thinks is a betrayal. That is just the start of of it for David because as she's leaving... the band is falling apart.

What happens next? It was at this point that I knew I needed to keep reading the book because I had to know whether or not they end up together. So I'm not going to tell you. You gotta read it for yourself.

This is a sweet story and is the first book in the Stage Dive series. I read this book in one day because I couldn't put it down. I loved how they fought as hard as they loved and how, they both grew up and took responsibility for their roles and their own lives.

When I finished this book, I knew that I was hooked on this author and could not wait for the next book to come out. I like when that happens.

View all my reviews

Amazon Kindle Book link

No comments:

Post a Comment