Tuesday, July 15, 2014

REVIEW: Fall From India Place by Samantha Young

Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street, #4)Fall from India Place by Samantha Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Even though I knew this book was about Hannah and Marco, I hoped we'd see the whole crew from the previous three books in this series and we do. She and Jo's brother, Cole, end up becoming best of friends after her heartache.

In high school, Marco protected Hannah from bullies, boys like him, and even himself until they had one night where they finally gave in to their feelings. A family emergency sends Marck back to the states the next day without an explanation to Hannah and leaving her brokenhearted.

Five years later and Marco's back and has been for awhile. Turns out he works in construction for Braden, Hannah's older brother.

Marco wants Hannah back in his life from the moment they see each other. He wants to explain why he left and why he didn't seek her out when he came back. He's no saint and has a secret that he isn't ready to share, afraid for his own reasons of what it would do their budding relationship.

Hannah learned to protect her heart because of Marco leaving. Marco works his way back into her life, and works at keeping their friendship going and building. When things start to progress, she knows she has to come clean about the secret that she's been holding for five years.

Although, for me, this book didn't flow as fast for me, I enjoyed it. Marco is no Braden and I think that was my problem. I compared Marco to Braden and I really shouldn't have.

I still gave this book five stars because I enjoyed the sub-stories that innertwined with Hannah and Marco working to find their way back to each other.

And yes, you really should read the other books, in order, before reading this one. It's worth it.

View all my reviews

Amazon Kindle book link

No comments:

Post a Comment