Sunday, July 13, 2014

REVIEW: Driven by K. Bromberg

Driven (The Driven Trilogy, #1)Driven by K. Bromberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn’t fall in love with Driven because Colton is a race car driver… I fell in love with Driven because of Rylee and her fight for a new home/center for the boys that she oversees, her determination to not be inconsequential to Colton and her strength to want more from him.
Colton is a player… p-l-a-y-e-r… he has a bevy of women and likes it that way. Does not want or need a relationship or anything else from a woman than a good time. Love `em and leave `em.

They’re introduced at a fundraiser when he saves her from a locked closet. The chemistry is there the moment she falls into his arms. But they both have pasts that haunt them. For her it’s the loss of her husband and child, for him it’s a bad childhood that has him swearing off needing or wanting anything more from a woman.

This book… full of tension and angst… while Rylee is trying to move on from her past, Colton won’t let go of his. I have read other books with the similar theme, but this book captured my attention because of how quickly Rylee was established to be a strong woman willing to fight for Colton and what she wants.

I have to admit it took me a while to read this book because I knew it was part of a trilogy and I honestly was tired of cliffhangers and trilogies and alpha-males… but by the end of the book, I was hooked and quite ticked at Colton.

View all my reviews

Amazon Kindle Book Link

No comments:

Post a Comment