Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Review: Rare & Precious Things by Raine Miller

Rare and Precious Things (The Blackstone Affair, #4)Rare and Precious Things by Raine Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The past comes back into both Brynne and Ethan's lives as they prepare their wonderful new (old) home for the birth of their little peach.

While I admit there were a few scenes that got to me emotionally, I felt that a little more drama and jealousy could have been added to how they handled both their own pasts and each other's in this conclusion to their story (at least for now).

I loved how they worked through things, but Ethan didn't push Brynne in this book the way he did in the first three and vice versa and that's what I missed even with the intense chemistry they shared.

I don't want to give away any SPOILERS so I'll just say that if you absolutely adored the first three books, go into the fourth book with no expectations as to outcomes. I think that was my downfall. I had read leaked scenes and allowed my imagination to wander and I normally never do that with a book I've been waiting for.

I'm sad to see them go, but I hope that if Raine writes about others in their circle that they'll appear from time to time so I can swoon over Ethan and root for Brynne to really show him who's boss in the relationship. Ha!

View all my reviews

Amazon Kindle link

No comments:

Post a Comment