Friday, March 7, 2014

Review: Three of Spades by W. Ferraro

Three of Spades (Hamden, #2)Three of Spades by W. Ferraro
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I started out going to read Breaking Spades earlier this week and realized I hadn't read Books 2 or 3 of this series yet so I was very excited... I've got three books to read... all about the Hamden men. Woohoo!

Anyway... so, we were first introduced to Dylan Cross in the first Hamden series book - Three of Hearts. Notorious playboy and one of Seth's bet friends.

Let's meet Natalie - devoted daughter, kindergarten teacher, nerdy bookworm.

Family drama leads Natalie to do something she never would have done. She goes to a bar hoping to proposition someone to be her boyfriend to make her mom happy. She ends up literally bumping into Dylan and they are both stunned by the other.

These two are total opposites, but something is there and Dylan feels it. He brings Natalie into his circle of friends and finds himself doing things with her that he normally wouldn't do with any other woman. Natalie experiences many firsts with him, including jealousy of other women. They go on dates, he meets her family, he sticks up to her brothers on her behalf.

Good things never last right, and she did expect whatever they had to end, but does it and just what did Dylan write on that piece of paper and seal in that envelope?

All I know is that there were certain places in this book where I actually could here Bruno Mars' song "Just The Way You Are" playing in my head. I fell for Dylan, hook, line and sinker and the last name Cross is no longer related to some billionaire business owner in New York. LOL

View all my reviews

Amazon Kindle book link

No comments:

Post a Comment