Saturday, March 22, 2014

Review: Then Came Alexandra (Southern Love #1) by E.L. Todd

Then Came Alexandra (Southern Love, #1)Then Came Alexandra by E.L. Todd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*****Thank you to E.L. Todd, the author, for gifting me with a complimentary copy of this book*****

After blaming herself for something that happened while she was a nurse at a hospital in New York and pushing her boyfriend away, then breaking up with him after accusing him of cheating on her, Alex closes herself off from her life there and goes to her Aunt's cotton farm in Georgia.

Her plan, go back to school, get her own place, and move on. She ends up helping her Aunt with her cotton farm, making new friends, and quickly falling love with a young, wealthy, cotton farmer with his own secrets - Blaise.

Alex's Aunt tells Blaise to tell Alex what's going on in his life and to not break her heart, but when Alex finds out from her friends by accident, it shatters her and nothing prepares her for what happens next.

Fair warning gang --- this is a CLIFFY... but, instead of me getting ticked off because it's a cliffy, the book left me wanting to know what's gonna happen next in a good way. I totally didn't see this cliffy coming at all and you may not either.

E.L. Todd has quickly become one of my favorite authors. The way she writes, has my imagination picturing the scenery around the characters as they are interacting moreso than other authors. I love that sex isn't the main portion of her stories as well. It happens, but it isn't the majority of who the characters are.

Another great beginning to an E.L. Todd series.



View all my reviews

Amazon Kindle Store link

No comments:

Post a Comment