Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review: Safer Outside by Kristina Renee

Safer OutsideSafer Outside by Kristina Renee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*** I was given an ARC of this book by the author for an honest review ***

Wow... I literally just finished this book and am sitting here a little stunned by how much I liked it.

It's the first Book in the "Outside" series and when the others come out I will get them to read. So onto THIS book.

Safer Outside is about a teenager returning to her old school district after two years away. While insecure about her looks (what teen girl isn't), she isn't shy about her thoughts or her feelings about her creepy step-father, her mom, her friends, and her boyfriend - Logan.

I had a feeling once introduced to the creepy step-father about where the book was headed and I admit, I didn't want to go there, but I wanted to see just how strong Liz had grown over the course of the book. I wanted to see just how she would handle herself. She's a doting big sister when she's home despite the stress of the situation time and time again.

And the alpha-maturity that Logan shows kind of made me forget that he's just a senior in high school.

Liz and Logan's circle of friends are pretty welcoming people that while not knowing their back histories, you want to welcome too just because of how their interaction is with each other.

If Book 2 is a follow up or continuation of Liz and Logan or any of their friends, I can't wait to see what happens next.

All in all I think that as a first book, Kristina Renee did a pretty good job. She pulled me in and I didn't put the book down.

View all my reviews
Amazon link

No comments:

Post a Comment