Sunday, September 27, 2015

REVIEW: Locke (Corps Security #6) by Harper Sloan

Locke (Corps Security, #5)Locke by Harper Sloan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been waiting for Maddox Locke's story since he first appeared in Axel (Corps Security, #1). Tough, alpha exterior but the way he was in Axel, I was instantly taken by him and cursed Harper Sloan every time the next book in the series wasn't about Locke. However, she indeed, saved the best for last (although Axel gives Locke a run for his money in my heart).

So we meet Locke and Emmy in early stories (you really should read this series in order, but you don't have to. I just say DO IT [I'm so demanding, aren't I?]), you won't regret it. Back to Locke and Emmy.

Emmy has loved Maddox Locke throughout the series but Locke keeps playing a dance with her, keeping her at arms length and pushing her away. After an incident that occurs, she leaves the gang and heads back to the past she ran away from to begin with.

Of course the man goes after her and brings her back and the dance continues for a while of this push and pull between the two before everything comes to a head and when it does, you pull for them both and it's wicked.

If you want to believe those that leave the 1 and 2 stars then go ahead, but remember, like my review, their review is their opinion. If you love the Corps Security gang then read this book. You get your Sway moments, the moments with the other guys and Cohen too, as what is a Corps Security book without the gang, but you really and finally get Locke's story and that is what I was waiting for.

The book entertained me and that's all that matters to me. I loved it and I'm going to miss the gang as just starting life out with their significant others, but Harper has begun the wonderful Hope Town series about the kids of the Corps Security gang and the first one is about Cohen and Dani (Axel's daughter). WOOT WOOT WOOT!

View all my reviews

Amazon Kindle link

No comments:

Post a Comment