Tuesday, August 21, 2018

REVIEW: Embattled Minds by J.M. Madden

Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)Embattled Minds by J.M. Madden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book two in the Lost and Found series, while I had hoped for Duncan or Chad, J.M. Madden gives us Zeke and Ember. We meet them both in Embattled Hearts.

What is this series about? This series is about those that served in the military and may have come back with scars. Whether the scars can be seen or not seen, they are there and these veterans are learning to live with them and learning their way in the civilian world now that they're discharged/retired from the service.

Back to Zeke and Ember.

Zeke and a few of the guys from LNF started going to the bar once a week to acclimate to being around people and out in public as well as face their own obstacles. Zeke and Ember dance around their attraction to each other while facing their own obstacles.

The way that Zeke and Ember are brought together tugged more, but how Zeke handles Ember's Dad the first time they meet, I'm sold on these two.

This story was subtle and while not as suspenseful as Embattled Hearts (John and Shannon's story), it had me not wanting it to end.

I love the dynamics of the characters in the LNF series so far and cannot wait to start the next in the series (I love binge reading).


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment