Monday, August 20, 2018

REVIEW: Embattled Hearts by J.M. Madden

Embattled Hearts (Lost and Found, #1)Embattled Hearts by J.M. Madden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I get into these moods where I want to read certain genre's and I was looking for my Alpha Male retired military men and the strong women that catch their eye with a plot that keeps my attention, maybe some romance, some suspense, some banter.

Well, I got it and the characters also showed frustration, anger, fear, love, and friendship.

SPOILER ALERT --- maybe...

Lost ~n~ Found Investigations (LNF) is the company Duncan, John and Chad started after they all retired from the military (but how did they retire Tamm? Um - You gotta read to find out!). Shannon is hired to work as their receptionist. She's new to town, has some baggage and unbeknownst to her, it follows her. (How Tamm? Again, YOU gotta read to find out.)

Each of the guys are fond of her in their own way, but she stirs something in John and Chad and Duncan both see it. John and Shannon won't allow themselves to see it either, until something happens and Shannon needs help (Grrr TAMM, tell me more - um NO, I told ya - you gotta read for yourself).

During the story, other characters are introduced. Some are bit players, and one grabbed my heart and then pissed me off (dang you J.M., I hope there's more with him!). I love when a story does that to me.

So Tamm, what aren't you telling me?

I'm telling you my thoughts without spoiling it for YOU. GAH!

Anyway, why, truly did I give this book five stars?

J.M. Madden held my attention from the first word. Shannon, John, Duncan and Chad are engraved into my heart and I now have the rest of the series waiting to be read.

Now, you're all saying Tamm, you didn't tell me ANYTHING. Well, I don't want to spoil it for you, but if you must know... Everyone has demons, some are physical, some are mental. John has both and how he overcomes them warmed my heart to no end. The way Shannon did not "mother" him or the other guys, yet took care of them in her own way, also warmed my heart.

Want me to tell you more?

Well, I'm not going to.

If you want to read a story(ies) about disabled veterans and just how very ABLE they are, then get started with the prequel and this book. It's worth handing over your heart to J.M. for!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment