Monday, September 24, 2018

REVIEW: Gabe - Alvarez Security Agency (#1) by Maryann Jordan

Gabe (Alvarez Security #1)Gabe by Maryann Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wanted to binge on military or former military men and women and that is what I've been doing for the past month.

A book friend introduced me to this book and said I would love Gabe. What she didn't tell me was I would love his twin bother, their Captain, and the whole cast and crew as swiftly as I found myself doing.

Fair warning, this book is an insta-love book between Gabe and Jennifer. The beginning was a little shaky for me, but only because I had no inkling of how it would play into the storyline.

I admit, I'm not normally one to really love insta-love books, but this book kept my interest and had me laughing with the Gabe and Jenny and Jenny's brother Ross as well as getting angry at Jenny, at Gabe, forgiving them both, laughing and crying and then worrying about Jenny and Ross and well, by the end of the book I knew, I would have a book hangover.

Gabe was all alpha from the get go but the soft spots were there, the tenderness and the love. And the comraderie with the guys from his unit that he now works with. Jenny, while showing moments of insecurity about Gabe, showed strength, compassion, love, and hope in all that she was doing for her brother and the elderly.

There's some strong language, sexy times, action concerning bad guys, and it all rounds out Gabe and Jenny's story. I loved the book. LOVED IT.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment