Tuesday, September 9, 2014

REVIEW: Withstanding Me (Breakneck, #2) by Crystal Spears

Withstanding Me (Breakneck, #2)Withstanding Me by Crystal Spears
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you don't like reading about Biker Bad boys that ride hard, fight hard, love hard... then this book isn't for you (and neither is Seize me, Breakneck #1). As with Seize me, the author warns us at the beginning of the book about how dark these books are. She grabbed me at the honesty in that at the beginning of each book and it prepped me for what I was about to read.

I admit... I wanted to read this book because Greg Cage (from the Corps Security books by Harper Sloan) makes an appearance in this book briefly but I had to read Seize Me first to get to Withstanding Me.

ZZ, aka Mason - Big, bad Biker Boy whom became a dad at 13, swears off falling in love with a woman.
Storm - Won't sleep with ZZ as she's not looking to be a one night stand or some MC gal that gets passed around between the members of the club.

For the first half of the book or so, there are several POVs. While I found that I liked it, I kind of feel that Storm and ZZ got cheated a little out of their story. However, Braxx and Winter and Tatiana as well as some other surprises are in the story and the plot line got to me nearly as much as the sub-plot in the first book.

This was a quick read for me, but note that you really need to read Seize Me before you read this book as this is not a standalone book and if you read it as such, you will be lost.


View all my reviews

Amazon Kindle Book Link

No comments:

Post a Comment