Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Reviews: Revenge Volumes 3, 4, & 5 by J.J. Knight

Revenge, Volume 3 (Revenge, #3)Revenge, Volume 3 by J.J. Knight
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay, now that I've been able to read the entire 5 "volumes", I still think this could have been broken into two books, maybe three. Five is a little much, and these are not "volumes". They are barely novellas by themselves. Regardless, I ended up liking these as a whole.

Revenge, Volume 3

Between Dylan and his mood swings and the naive Jess, you can't help but continue reading this volume to see what kind of a train wreck this book is. Throw Riley into the picture for Jess and her life unravels a little more... And as for Nick... just what is Nick up to where Jess and Dylan are concerned?

Revenge, Volume 4

Dylan's smitten, Q's true identity is out, and Jess is beginning to put pieces together between Q, Dylan, Morris Music, Nick and Nick's mother. I finally enjoyed this "novella" more than the first three "novellas".

Revenge, Volume 5

So I finally get to enjoying this little series and bam... no explosive conclusion. I feel let down despite actually ending up enjoying the story of Jess and Dylan.

If you decide to read Revenge, you must read them in order. Each "novella" is a short, quick read in which you could read them in the course of a weekend or over a few weeknights after work.

All in all, I must admit that I'm looking forward to more from J.J. Knight, but the next title is also a series so I will wait to have the entire series before I read them.

View all my reviews
Amazon Kindle Book link for Revenge, Volume 3

Amazon Kindle Book link for Revenge, Volume 4

Amazon Kindle Book link for Revenge, Volume 5

No comments:

Post a Comment