Saturday, March 7, 2015

REVIEW: One Night: Promised (The One Night Trilogy Book 1) - Jodi Ellen Malpas

Promised (One Night, #1)Promised by Jodi Ellen Malpas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Read in 2014.

Are you a fan like I am of The Lord of the Manor? Well, get ready for a man who is even more Alpha than he is. He is OCD driven and has to have "his thing".

The first of a Trilogy and it ends in a cliffhanger so be prepared. It helps that the rest of the series is out now unlike when I read this and had to wait for each additional book (the wait was WORTH it though)

This is the story of Olivia and "M". Both with their own demons their fighting and while I had my suspicions about "M"'s occupation, I still ended up shocked when Olivia figures it out and tah-dah - cliffy.

This is a great start to the trilogy. Olivia's backstory helps you to understand a bit ab out why she is why she is. Her grandmother is a witty and spry elderly lady whom I would love to know in person.

I couldn't put my finger on "M" through the first half of the book... something was egging me on and then when it hit me at how after the chocolate in the kitchen and Olivia had fallen asleep he just had to go make the kitchen spotless, I was like --- OCD much and yup... he is. Very. He's demanding, very Alpha, and has caring moments... the book had me captivated and when it ended in the cliffhanger, I was like --- GAH! I NEED THE NEXT PART NOW.

View all my reviews Amazon Kindle Link

No comments:

Post a Comment